Nebraska Revised Statute 81-1201.09
Chapter 81 Section 1201.09
Department; develop and implement economic development strategies; considerations.
The department shall develop and implement economic development strategies to:
(1) Facilitate the maintenance and expansion of existing enterprises and the creation of new value-adding industries, including those involved in selling to non-Nebraska markets;
(2) Promote economic articulation within the economy of the state;
(3) Promote productivity among value-adding industries;
(4) Promote economic diversification within the economy of the state; and
(5) Maintain and revitalize economically distressed areas.
In developing these strategies the department shall consider the special economic needs of women and minorities and pursue policies which are consistent with Nebraska policies to protect and enhance the environmental quality of the state.
- Laws 1986, LB 965, § 9.