Nebraska Revised Statute 60-494
Chapter 60 Section 494
Operator's license; state identification card; organ and tissue donation information; department; duty.
(1) Each operator's license and state identification card shall include a special notation on the front of the license or card if the licensee or cardholder is at least sixteen years of age and indicates on the application or issuance certificate under section 60-484 or 60-4,144 his or her wish to be an organ and tissue donor.
(2) The status as an organ and tissue donor shall continue until amended or revoked by the licensee or cardholder as provided in subsection (4) of this section or section 71-4829. The status as an organ and tissue donor is not changed by the expiration, suspension, cancellation, revocation, or impoundment of the license or card.
(3) Any person whose operator's license or state identification card indicates his or her status as an organ and tissue donor may obtain a replacement license or card without a notation of such status. The fee for such replacement license or card shall be the fee provided in section 60-4,115.
(4) A licensee or cardholder may change his or her status as a donor by indicating the desire that his or her name not be included in the Donor Registry of Nebraska on an application for an operator's license, a state identification card, or a replacement license or card under subsection (3) of this section. A licensee or cardholder may also change or limit the extent of his or her status as a donor by (a) Internet access to the Donor Registry of Nebraska, (b) telephone request to the registry, or (c) other methods approved by the federally designated organ procurement organization for Nebraska.
(5) The department shall electronically transfer to the federally designated organ procurement organization for Nebraska all information which appears on the face of an original or replacement operator's license or state identification card except the image and signature of each person whose license or card includes the notation described in subsection (1) of this section.
- Laws 1984, LB 711, § 2;
- Laws 1985, LB 585, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 60-412.01;
- Laws 1989, LB 285, § 44;
- Laws 1992, LB 1178, § 3;
- Laws 1999, LB 704, § 11;
- Laws 2001, LB 34, § 3;
- Laws 2001, LB 574, § 8;
- Laws 2004, LB 559, § 3;
- Laws 2010, LB1036, § 32;
- Laws 2016, LB47, § 2.
- Operative Date: July 1, 2017