(1) An agricultural production input lien shall be perfected as provided in article 9, Uniform Commercial Code. Any financing statement filed to perfect such lien shall contain or have attached thereto the information required in subsection (2) of section 52-1402 and shall be filed within three months after the last date that the agricultural production input was furnished. The failure to include the social security number or federal tax identification number shall not render any filing unperfected. Perfection occurs as of the date such financing statement is filed.
(2) An agricultural production input lien that is not perfected has the priority of an unperfected security interest under section 9-322, Uniform Commercial Code.
(3) An agricultural production input lien shall be treated in all respects as an agricultural lien as provided in article 9, Uniform Commercial Code, and may be enforced in the manner and form provided for the enforcement of secured transactions as provided in article 9, Uniform Commercial Code. For purposes of enforcement of the lien, the lienholder is the secured party and the person to whom the agricultural production input was furnished is the debtor, and each has the respective rights and duties of a secured party and a debtor under article 9, Uniform Commercial Code.
(4) The fee for filing, amending, or releasing such lien shall be the same as set forth in section 9-525, Uniform Commercial Code.
(5) Effective January 1, 2015, this section applies to a lien created under this section regardless of when the lien was created.