Nebraska Revised Statute 44-526
Chapter 44 Section 526
Health claim form; terms, defined.
For purposes of the Standardized Health Claim Form Act:
(1) Ambulatory surgical facility shall mean a facility, not a part of a hospital, which provides surgical treatment to patients not requiring hospitalization and which is licensed as a health clinic as defined by section 71-416 but shall not include the offices of private physicians or dentists whether for individual or group practice;
(2) Health care shall mean any treatment, procedure, or intervention to diagnose, cure, care for, or treat the effects of disease or injury or congenital or degenerative condition;
(3) Health care practitioner shall mean an individual or group of individuals in the form of a partnership, limited liability company, or corporation licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized or permitted by law to administer health care in the course of professional practice and shall include the health care professions and occupations which are regulated in the Uniform Credentialing Act;
(4) Hospital shall mean a hospital as defined by section 71-419 except state hospitals administered by the Department of Health and Human Services;
(5) Institutional care providers shall mean all facilities licensed or otherwise authorized or permitted by law to administer health care in the ordinary course of business and shall include all health care facilities defined in the Health Care Facility Licensure Act;
(6) Issuer shall mean an insurance company, fraternal benefit society, health maintenance organization, third-party administrator, or other entity reimbursing the costs of health care expenses;
(7) Medicaid shall mean the medical assistance program pursuant to the Medical Assistance Act;
(8) Medicare shall mean Title XVIII of the federal Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1395 et seq., as amended; and
(9) Uniform claim form shall mean the claim forms and electronic transfer procedures developed pursuant to section 44-527.