For purposes of sections 44-319.01 to 44-319.13, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Director shall mean the Director of Insurance or his or her authorized representative;
(2) Policyholders shall mean all persons having a legal or equitable right against a depositing insurer or assessment association arising out of or by reason of depositing insurer's or association's policies and obligees under its surety contracts;
(3) State shall mean any state of the United States, the government of Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia;
(4) Eligible securities shall mean the investments authorized under the Insurers Investment Act other than investments authorized under sections 44-5134, 44-5143 to 44-5145, 44-5149, 44-5152, and 44-5153, and unless otherwise provided by law, the values of such investments shall, for the purpose of sections 44-319.01 to 44-319.13, be an amount not exceeding the current market values thereof; and
(5) Insurer shall mean stock and mutual insurance companies and reciprocal exchanges.