Nebraska Revised Statute 44-2132
Chapter 44 Section 2132
Registration of insurers; filings required.
(1) Every insurer which is authorized to do business in this state and which is a member of an insurance holding company system shall register with the director, except that registration shall not be required for a foreign insurer subject to registration requirements and standards adopted by statute or regulation in the jurisdiction of its domicile which are substantially similar to those contained in this section, subsection (1) of section 44-2133, sections 44-2134 and 44-2136, and either subsection (2) of section 44-2133 or a provision such as the following: Each registered insurer shall keep current the information required to be disclosed in its registration statement by reporting all material changes or additions within fifteen days after the end of the month in which it learns of each such change or addition. Any insurer which is subject to registration under this section shall register within fifteen days after it becomes subject to registration and annually thereafter by May 1 of each year for the previous calendar year unless the director for good cause shown extends the time for such initial or annual registration and then within such extended time. The director may require any insurer which is authorized to do business in the state, which is a member of an insurance holding company system, and which is not subject to registration under this section to furnish a copy of the registration statement, the summary specified in subsection (3) of this section, or other information filed by such insurer with the insurance regulatory authority of its domiciliary jurisdiction.
(2) Every insurer subject to registration shall file the registration statement with the director on a form and in a format prescribed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners which shall contain the following current information:
(a) The capital structure, general financial condition, ownership, and management of the insurer and any person controlling the insurer;
(b) The identity and relationship of every member of the insurance holding company system;
(c) The following agreements in force and transactions currently outstanding or which have occurred during the last calendar year between such insurer and its affiliates:
(i) Loans, other investments, or purchases, sales, or exchanges of securities of the affiliates by the insurer or of the insurer by its affiliates;
(ii) Purchases, sales, or exchanges of assets;
(iii) Transactions not in the ordinary course of business;
(iv) Guarantees or undertakings for the benefit of an affiliate which result in an actual contingent exposure of the insurer's assets to liability, other than insurance contracts entered into in the ordinary course of the insurer's business;
(v) All management agreements, service contracts, and cost-sharing arrangements;
(vi) Reinsurance agreements;
(vii) Dividends and other distributions to shareholders; and
(viii) Consolidated tax allocation agreements;
(d) Any pledge of the insurer's stock, including stock of any subsidiary or controlling affiliate, for a loan made to any member of the insurance holding company system;
(e) If requested by the director, the insurer shall include financial statements of or within an insurance holding company system, including all affiliates. Financial statements may include, but are not limited to, annual audited financial statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. An insurer required to file financial statements pursuant to this subdivision may satisfy the request by providing the director with the most recently filed parent corporation financial statements that have been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission;
(f) Statements that show that the insurer's board of directors oversees corporate governance and internal controls and that the insurer's officers or senior management have approved, implemented, and continue to maintain and monitor corporate governance and internal control procedures;
(g) Other matters concerning transactions between registered insurers and any affiliates as may be included from time to time in any registration forms adopted or approved by the director; and
(h) Any other information required by rules and regulations which the director may adopt and promulgate.
(3) All registration statements shall contain a summary outlining all items in the current registration statement representing changes from the prior registration statement.
(4) It shall not be necessary to disclose on the registration statement information which is not material for the purposes of this section. Unless the director by rule, regulation, or order provides otherwise, sales, purchases, exchanges, loans, or extensions of credit, investments, or guarantees involving one-half of one percent or less of an insurer's admitted assets as of December 31 next preceding shall not be deemed material for purposes of this section.
(5) Subject to the requirements of section 44-2134, each registered insurer shall give notice to the director of all dividends and other distributions to shareholders within five business days following the declaration thereof and shall not pay any such dividends or other distributions to shareholders within ten business days following receipt of such notice by the director unless for good cause shown the director has approved such payment within such ten-business-day period.
(6) Any person within an insurance holding company system subject to registration shall be required to provide complete and accurate information to an insurer when such information is reasonably necessary to enable the insurer to comply with the Insurance Holding Company System Act.
(7) The director shall terminate the registration of any insurer which demonstrates that it no longer is a member of an insurance holding company system.
(8) The director may require or allow two or more affiliated insurers subject to registration under this section to file a consolidated registration statement.
(9) The director may allow an insurer which is authorized to do business in this state and which is part of an insurance holding company system to register on behalf of any affiliated insurer which is required to register under subsection (1) of this section and to file all information and material required to be filed under this section.
(10) This section shall not apply to any insurer, information, or transaction if and to the extent that the director by rule, regulation, or order exempts the same from this section.
(11) Any person may file with the director a disclaimer of affiliation with any authorized insurer or such a disclaimer may be filed by such insurer or any member of an insurance holding company system. The disclaimer shall fully disclose all material relationships and bases for affiliation between such person and such insurer as well as the basis for disclaiming such affiliation. A disclaimer of affiliation shall be deemed to have been granted unless the director, within thirty days after receipt of a complete disclaimer, notifies the filing party that the disclaimer is disallowed. If the disclaimer is disallowed, the disclaiming party may request and shall be entitled to an administrative hearing. The disclaiming party shall be relieved of its duty to register under this section if approval of the disclaimer has been granted by the director or if the disclaimer is deemed to have been approved.
(12) The ultimate controlling person of every insurer subject to registration shall also file an annual enterprise risk report. The report shall, to the best of the ultimate controlling person's knowledge and belief, identify the material risks within the insurance holding company system that could pose enterprise risk to the insurer. The report shall be filed with the lead state director or commissioner of the insurance holding company system as determined by the procedures within the Financial Analysis Handbook adopted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(13) The failure to file a registration statement or any summary of the registration statement thereto or enterprise risk report required by this section within the time specified for such filing shall be a violation of this section.