Nebraska Revised Statute 42-1301
Chapter 42 Section 1301
(1) Adult child means an individual who is at least nineteen years of age and who is related to a resident biologically, through adoption, through the marriage or former marriage of the resident to the biological parent of the adult child, or by a judgment of parentage entered by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(2) Family member means the spouse, adult child, adult grandchild, parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin, or domestic partner of a resident;
(3) Resident means an adult resident of:
(a) A health care facility as defined in section 71-413; or
(b) Any home or other residential dwelling in which the resident is receiving care and services from any person; and
(4) Visitation means an in-person meeting or any telephonic, written, or electronic communication.
- Laws 2017, LB122, § 1.
- Effective Date: August 24, 2017