Nebraska Revised Statute 38-3706
Chapter 38 Section 3706
Dialysis patient care technician; registration; application; fee; duties; licensure as nurse; effect.
(1) To register as a dialysis patient care technician, an individual shall (a) possess a high school diploma or a general educational development certificate, (b) demonstrate that he or she is (i) employed as a dialysis patient care technician or (ii) enrolled in a training course as described in subdivision (2) of section 38-3705, (c) file an application with the department, and (d) pay the applicable fee.
(2) An applicant or a dialysis patient care technician shall report to the department, in writing, any conviction for a felony or misdemeanor. A conviction is not a disqualification for placement on the registry unless it relates to the standards identified in section 38-3705 or it reflects on the moral character of the applicant or dialysis patient care technician.
(3) An applicant or a dialysis patient care technician may report any pardon or setting aside of a conviction to the department. If a pardon or setting aside has been obtained, the conviction for which it was obtained shall not be maintained on the Dialysis Patient Care Technician Registry.
(4) If a person registered as a dialysis patient care technician becomes licensed as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, his or her registration as a dialysis patient care technician becomes null and void as of the date of licensure as a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse.
- Laws 2017, LB255, § 6.
- Effective Date: May 11, 2017