Nebraska Revised Statute 38-3208
Chapter 38 Section 3208
Practices not requiring licensure.
The Respiratory Care Practice Act shall not prohibit:
(1) The practice of respiratory care which is an integral part of the program of study by students enrolled in approved respiratory care education programs;
(2) The gratuitous care, including the practice of respiratory care, of the ill by a friend or member of the family or by a person who is not licensed to practice respiratory care if such person does not represent himself or herself as a respiratory care practitioner;
(3) The practice of respiratory care by nurses, physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, or any other professional licensed under the Uniform Credentialing Act when such practice is within the scope of practice for which that person is licensed;
(4) The practice of any respiratory care practitioner of this state or any other state or territory while employed by the federal government or any bureau or division thereof while in the discharge of his or her official duties;
(5) Techniques defined as pulmonary function testing and the administration of aerosol and inhalant medications to the cardiorespiratory system as it relates to pulmonary function technology administered by a registered pulmonary function technologist credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care or a certified pulmonary function technologist credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care; or
(6) The performance of oxygen therapy or the initiation of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation by a registered polysomnographic technologist relating to the study of sleep disorders if such procedures are performed or initiated under the supervision of a licensed physician at a facility accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.