Nebraska Revised Statute 38-129.01
Chapter 38 Section 129.01
Temporary credential to military spouse; issuance; period valid.
(1) The department, with the recommendation of the appropriate board, shall issue a temporary credential to a military spouse who complies with and meets the requirements of this section pending issuance of the applicable credential under the Uniform Credentialing Act. This section shall not apply to a license to practice dentistry, including a temporary license under section 38-1123.
(2) A military spouse shall submit the following with his or her application for the applicable credential:
(a) A copy of his or her military dependent identification card which identifies him or her as the spouse of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces;
(b) A copy of his or her spouse’s military orders reflecting an active-duty assignment in Nebraska;
(c) A copy of his or her credential from another jurisdiction and the applicable statutes, rules, and regulations governing the credential;
(d) A copy of his or her fingerprints for a criminal background check if required under section 38-131; and
(3) If the department, with the recommendation of the appropriate board, determines that the applicant is a resident of Nebraska, is the spouse of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces who is assigned to a duty station in Nebraska, holds a valid credential in another jurisdiction which has similar standards for the profession to the Uniform Credentialing Act and the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under the act, has submitted fingerprints for a criminal background check if required under section 38-131, and has paid the applicable fees pursuant to sections 38-151 to 38-157, the department shall issue a temporary credential to the applicant.
(4) A temporary credential issued under this section shall be valid until the application for the regular credential is approved or rejected, not to exceed one year.
- Laws 2017, LB88, § 33.
- Operative Date: April 26, 2017