The commission shall provide for the issuance of permits. All motor vehicles entering permit areas shall have a permit except:
(1) Motor vehicles bearing state licenses;
(2) Motor vehicles in use for law enforcement or emergency purposes;
(3) Motor vehicles engaged in the servicing, enforcement, administration, repair, maintenance, or construction of facilities or property and motor vehicles engaged in the delivery of commodities or materials to the permit areas;
(4) Motor vehicles being operated on a federal, state, or county highway which crosses a permit area, entering at one point and exiting at another;
(5) Motor vehicles which are traveling directly between the permit boundary and the site within the area where permits are vended; and
(6) Motor vehicles being operated by the holders of easements across permit areas or their agents, employees, or contractors.