Nebraska Revised Statute 29-2259
Chapter 29 Section 2259
Probation administrator; office; salaries; expenses; office space; prepare budget; interpreter services.
(1) The salaries, actual and necessary expenses, and expenses incident to the conduct and maintenance of the office shall be paid by the state. Actual and necessary expenses shall be paid as provided in sections 81-1174 to 81-1177.
(4) The expenses incident to the conduct and maintenance of the principal office within each probation district shall in the first instance be paid by the county in which it is located, but such county shall be reimbursed for such expenses by all other counties within the probation district to the extent and in the proportions determined by the Supreme Court based upon population, number of investigations, and probation cases handled or upon such other basis as the Supreme Court deems fair and equitable.
(5) Each county shall provide office space and necessary facilities for probation officers performing their official duties and shall bear the costs incident to maintenance of such offices other than salaries, travel expenses, and data processing and word processing hardware and software that is provided on the state computer network.
(6) The cost of interpreter services for deaf and hard of hearing persons and for persons unable to communicate the English language shall be paid by the state with money appropriated to the Supreme Court for that purpose or from other funds, including grant money, made available to the Supreme Court for such purpose. Interpreter services shall include auxiliary aids for deaf and hard of hearing persons as defined in section 20-151 and interpreters to assist persons unable to communicate the English language as defined in section 25-2402. Interpreter services shall be provided under this section for the purposes of conducting a presentence investigation and for ongoing supervision by a probation officer of such persons placed on probation.
(7) The probation administrator shall prepare a budget and request for appropriations for the office and shall submit such request to the Supreme Court and with its approval to the appropriate authority in accordance with law.