Nebraska Revised Statute 23-2535
Chapter 23 Section 2535
(1) Appointing authority shall mean officials and appointed department directors authorized to make appointments in the county service;
(3) County board shall mean the board of county supervisors or board of county commissioners of a county with a population of less than one hundred fifty thousand inhabitants;
(5) Department shall mean a major functional unit of the county government headed by an official or established by the county board;
(6) Deputy shall mean an individual who serves as the first assistant to and at the pleasure of an official;
(7) Lay member shall mean anyone not employed by the county or acting on its behalf other than a member of the personnel policy board; and
(8) Official shall mean an officer elected by the popular vote of the people or a person appointed to a countywide office.
- Laws 1994, LB 212, § 2.