Nebraska Revised Statute 22-406
Chapter 22 Section 406
Consolidated counties; officers; election; terms; appointment.
(1) At the next general election held after the election at which consolidation is approved by the voters, the consolidated county officers shall be elected. Their terms shall begin on the first Thursday after the first Tuesday of January after their election, and the terms of the incumbents in the offices involved in the agreement shall be deemed to end on that date. The term of a consolidated officer shall be four years or until his or her successor is elected and qualified, except that the term of a consolidated officer elected in year 2000 or any fourth year thereafter shall be two years or until his or her successor is elected and qualified.
(2) All appointive county officers shall be appointed by the person, board, or authority upon whom the power to appoint such officers in other counties is conferred. The terms of such officers shall commence on the first Thursday after the first Tuesday of January after the first election of officers for the consolidated county or counties and shall continue, unless otherwise removed, until their successors have been appointed and qualified.
- Laws 1933, c. 34, § 6, p. 219;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 25-406;
- R.S.1943, § 22-406;
- Laws 1951, c. 44, § 4, p. 158;
- Laws 1996, LB 1085, § 21.