Nebraska Revised Statute 19-5302
Chapter 19 Section 5302
Legislative findings and declarations.
The Legislature finds and declares as follows:
(1) Cities in the United States and throughout the world have been historically established along the banks of major rivers due to the role rivers played as early trade routes as well as other inherent strategic and economic benefits;
(2) As national, state, and local economies have changed over time, many cities have moved away from their historic riverfronts, resulting in abandonment and blight in many city cores;
(3) Many cities in this state that were established along the banks of Nebraska’s rivers have grown away from their riverfronts, and these cities have riverfront areas in need of improvement and development but lack the tools and funding necessary to improve and develop such areas; and
(4) The purpose of the Riverfront Development District Act is to provide a means by which cities in this state may effectively fund, manage, promote, and develop riverfronts within their corporate limits.
- Laws 2017, LB97, § 2.
- Effective Date: August 24, 2017