Nebraska Revised Statute 19-412
Chapter 19 Section 412
Officers; employees; compensation.
(1) The officers and employees of the city shall receive such compensation as the mayor and council shall fix by ordinance.
(2) The emoluments of any elective officer shall not be increased or diminished during the term for which he or she was elected, except that when there are officers elected to a council, board, or commission having more than one member and the terms of one or more members commence and end at different times, the compensation of all members of such council, board, or commission may be increased or diminished at the beginning of the full term of any member thereof. No person who has resigned or vacated any office shall be eligible to the same during the time for which he or she was elected when, during the same time, the emoluments have been increased.
(3) The salary or compensation of all other officers or employees of the city shall be determined when they are appointed or elected by the council, board, or commission and shall be payable at such times or for such periods as the council, board, or commission shall determine.
- Laws 1911, c. 24, § 10, p. 157;
- Laws 1913, c. 21, § 6, p. 90;
- R.S.1913, § 5297;
- Laws 1915, c. 97, § 1, p. 239;
- C.S.1922, § 4520;
- Laws 1923, c. 141, § 6, p. 349;
- C.S.1929, § 19-410;
- Laws 1943, c. 37, § 1, p. 179;
- R.S.1943, § 19-412;
- Laws 1951, c. 21, § 1, p. 105;
- Laws 1979, LB 80, § 44;
- Laws 1992, LB 950, § 1.