For purposes of the Nebraska Municipal Auditing Law, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Municipality or municipalities shall mean and include all incorporated cities of the first class, cities of the second class, and villages in this state;
(2) Municipal authority shall mean the city council, board of trustees of a village, or any other body or officer having authority to levy taxes, make appropriations, or approve claims for any municipality;
(3) Accountant shall mean a duly licensed public accountant or certified public accountant who otherwise is not an employee of or connected in any way with the municipality involved;
(4) Annual audit report shall mean the written report of the accountant and all appended statements and schedules relating thereto presenting or recording the findings of an examination or audit of the financial transactions, affairs, or financial condition of a municipality and its proprietary functions for the fiscal year immediately prior to the making of such annual report; and
(5) Fiscal year shall mean the fiscal year for the particular municipality involved or the fiscal year established in section 18-2804 for a proprietary function if different than the municipal fiscal year.