Nebraska Revised Statute 17-529.08
Chapter 17 Section 529.08
Flood control projects; bonds; interest; election; tax; levy.
(1) For the purpose of paying the costs and expenses in implementing sections 17-529.01 and 17-529.02, cities of the second class and villages may borrow money or issue bonds in an amount not to exceed five percent of the taxable valuation of all the taxable property within such city or village according to the last preceding assessment thereof.
(2) Such cities or villages may levy and collect a general tax in the same manner as other municipal taxes are levied and collected in an amount sufficient to pay the interest and principal of the bonds referred to in subsections (1) and (3) of this section, as the same mature, upon the taxable value of all the taxable property within such city or village as shown upon the assessment roles, in addition to the sum authorized to be levied under section 17-506.
(3) No money shall be borrowed or bonds issued as referred to in subsections (1) and (2) of this section unless authorized by a majority of the legal votes cast for and against the proposition at an election held for that purpose. Notice of the election shall be given by publication in some newspaper published or of general circulation in such city or village for at least two weeks prior to the date of such election. The bonds shall be the bonds of such city or village, shall become due in not to exceed twenty years from their date of issue, and shall draw interest payable semiannually or annually.
- Laws 1965, c. 73, § 1, p. 296;
- Laws 1969, c. 51, § 46, p. 300;
- Laws 1971, LB 534, § 14;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 52;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 53.