Nebraska Revised Statute 14-2104
Chapter 14 Section 2104
Board of directors; vacancy; compensation; benefits; expenses.
(1) Any vacancy occurring in the board of directors shall be filled for the unexpired term by the remaining members thereof within thirty days after the vacancy occurs. It is the intent and purpose to render the board of directors nonpartisan in character.
(2) The chairperson of the board of directors of a metropolitan utilities district shall be paid, as compensation for his or her services, not to exceed the sum of one thousand two hundred sixty dollars per month. Each of the other members of the board of directors shall be paid, as compensation for his or her services, not to exceed the sum of one thousand one hundred twenty dollars per month. Any adjustments in compensation shall be made only at regular meetings of the board of directors, and the salaries of the chairperson and other members of such board shall not be increased more often than once in any calendar year.
(3) Members of the board of directors may be considered employees of the district for purposes of participation in medical and dental plans of insurance offered to regular employees. The dollar amount of any health insurance premiums paid from the funds of the district for the benefit of a member of the board of directors may be in addition to the amount of compensation authorized to be paid to such director pursuant to this section.
(4) The chairperson and other members of such board of directors shall also be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.
- Laws 1913, c. 143, § 4, p. 351;
- R.S.1913, § 4246;
- Laws 1919, c. 33, § 1, p. 107;
- C.S.1922, § 3749;
- C.S.1929, § 14-1005;
- R.S.1943, § 14-1005;
- Laws 1947, c. 20, § 2, p. 108;
- Laws 1953, c. 22, § 2, p. 94;
- Laws 1967, c. 45, § 1, p. 176;
- Laws 1981, LB 311, § 1;
- Laws 1985, LB 2, § 1;
- Laws 1990, LB 730, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1991), § 14-1005;
- Laws 1992, LB 746, § 4;
- Laws 2001, LB 101, § 1.