Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2908
Chapter 13 Section 2908
Design-build contract; evaluation of proposals; requirements; negotiations.
(1) A political subdivision shall evaluate proposals for a design-build contract in accordance with this section.
(2) The request for proposals shall be sent only to the prequalified design-builders selected pursuant to section 13-2906.
(3) Design-builders shall submit proposals as required by the request for proposals. The political subdivision may only proceed to negotiate and enter into a design-build contract if there are at least two proposals from prequalified design-builders.
(4) Proposals shall be sealed and shall not be opened until expiration of the time established for making proposals as set forth in the request for proposals.
(5) Proposals may be withdrawn at any time prior to acceptance. The political subdivision shall have the right to reject any and all proposals except for the purpose of evading the provisions and policies of the Political Subdivisions Construction Alternatives Act. The political subdivision may thereafter solicit new proposals using the same or a different project performance criteria.
(6) The political subdivision shall rank in order of preference the design-builders pursuant to the criteria in the request for proposals and taking into consideration the recommendation of the selection committee pursuant to section 13-2911.
(7) The political subdivision may attempt to negotiate a design-build contract with the highest ranked design-builder selected by the political subdivision and may enter into a design-build contract after negotiations. The negotiations shall include a final determination of the manner by which the design-builder selects a subcontractor. If the political subdivision is unable to negotiate a satisfactory design-build contract with the highest ranked design-builder, the political subdivision may terminate negotiations with that design-builder. The political subdivision may then undertake negotiations with the second highest ranked design-builder and may enter into a design-build contract after negotiations. If the political subdivision is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract with the second highest ranked design-builder, the political subdivision may undertake negotiations with the third highest ranked design-builder, if any, and may enter into a design-build contract after negotiations.
(8) A school district shall file a copy of all design-build contract documents with the State Department of Education within thirty days after their full execution. Within thirty days after completion of the project, the design-builder shall file a copy of all contract modifications and change orders with the department.
(9) If the political subdivision is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract with any of the ranked design-builders, the political subdivision may either revise the request for proposals and solicit new proposals or cancel the design-build process under the act.